Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What is Love?

What is love? I have thought about the real meaning of this. It can be defined in different meaning and people can be loved in different ways. Now, the loves of the youth are very worrisome. They love in the wrong way and try to find the true love. They talked to the phone for over an hour. Some had a date to meet each other. All of that are nonsensical things for me because I always think that Allah has already assigned to us for our life partner.
What is love? For me, I also can define it in different meaning too, Love for my family, especially my parents. They have brought me up since I was born. They have taught me to be in the right path of Allah. They sacrificed everything to me for the sake of Allah and so on. I can’t make something as gratitude except doing a good thing for them and love them very much.
Equally important is love for our Muslim brother. Islam teaches us to love each other. Even they are rich or poor, beautiful or ugly, white or black we have to love each other and live together in unity. Allah said “The believers are nothing else than brother [in Islamic religion]. So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allah, that you may receive mercy” [Al-Hujuraat: 10]. It cannot be stop our relationship and having rift is forbidden.
Love our prophet Muhammad [PBUH], we have to follow what the prophet has told us to do, follow the way the prophet did [Sunnah]. Allah said “Say O Muhammad [PBUH] to mankind “If you really love Allah then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. [Ala Imran:31]. And Salavaat [wishing] him very much is very important too. Allah said “Allah sends His Salat [Graces, Honours, Blessing, Mercy] on the prophet [Muhammad, PBUH], and also His angles [ask Allah to bless and forgive him]. O you who believe! Send tour Salat on [ask Allah to bless] him [Muhammad, PBUH] and [you should] greet [salute] him with the Islamic way of greeting” [Al-Ahzaab: 56]
Finally, loving Allah is the most ultimate aim. We have to listen to Allah, follow what Allah has said, obey Him, spend in the way of Him and sacrifice everything for the sake of Him, because we love Him. When I faced with any barrier and felt disheartened, I always think of Him to ask for His help. Also, when I felt happy, I always thank Him. I have never asked anyone to guide my heart except Allah. I try to remember Allah as much as I can with my heart and tongue while I am sitting, standing, and every movement. Allah said “O you who believe! Remember Allah with much remembrances” [Al-Ahzaab: 41]
All of these kinds of love are my true and forever love. In Islam, it can never be wrong. It is absolutely amazing if we do that because Allah has prepared for us forgiveness and a great reward.


By: Afifah

1 comment: